What kinds of research are not eligible for Leverhulme Trust funding?
- Both because of the substantial funding available from other sources for applied medical research, and the Trust’s priority to support investigations of a fundamental nature, we do not fund studies of disease, illness and disabilities in humans and animals, or research that is intended to inform clinical practice or the development of medical applications
- Policy-driven research where the principal objective is to assemble an evidence base for immediate policy initiatives
Proposals for the following are also ineligible for Leverhulme Trust support:
- Research where advocacy is an explicit component
- Research aimed principally at an immediate commercial application
- Proposals in which the balance between assembling a data bank or database and the related subsequent research is heavily inclined to the former
Guidance on eligibility
If you are uncertain about the eligibility of your proposal, please contact us before beginning an application.