We ask all award-holders to acknowledge the Trust’s support in any publicity, promotional materials or publications associated with research funded by the Trust.
When acknowledging our support, you should include our logo if possible. If it isn’t possible to include a logo – for example in a journal publication – please do try to include a written acknowledgement if this is permitted.
As a general rule, you should acknowledge the Trust’s support in the following:
- Media and press releases
- Project websites or blogs
- Recruitment advertisements where the position is funded by the Trust
- Papers, books and other publications
- Exhibitions or conferences
- Flyers, posters or brochures
In asking for public acknowledgement of the Trust’s support, our intention is to a) foster wider understanding of the distinctive role of our support in the current research funding landscape and b) to ensure that the breadth and quality of the research we fund is publicly recognised.
Wording your acknowledgement
Award-holders can use their own words to acknowledge our support – we don’t require a standard formula to be used. In wording your acknowledgement, please:
- use our full, official name: ‘the Leverhulme Trust’; and
- refer to the specific scheme through which your research was funded, if it is possible to do so. For example, ‘…the work was funded by a Leverhulme Trust Research Project Grant…’
Those holding a fellowship may refer to themselves as a ‘Leverhulme [Scheme Name] Fellow’. For example, ‘Leverhulme Emeritus Fellow’ or ‘Leverhulme Early Career Fellow’.
Guidance on media releases
- All media releases about the research we fund should include our logo, and a written acknowledgement of our support
- In acknowledging our support, please make sure that your wording does not imply that the research was commissioned by the Trust, is being conducted by the Trust, or being carried out on the Trust’s behalf
- If you would like us to provide feedback on your draft media release, please send it to our Communications Officer at email@example.com
- Unfortunately, we are not able to provide quotes concerning specific grants, fellowships or other awards
Please use the following standard text about the Trust in the notes to editors section:
- 'The Leverhulme Trust was established by the Will of William Hesketh Lever, the founder of Lever Brothers. Since 1925 the Trust has provided grants and scholarships for research and education. Today, it is one of the largest all-subject providers of research funding in the UK, distributing approximately £80m a year. For more information about the Trust, please visit www.leverhulme.ac.uk'
Download the Leverhulme Trust logo
The Leverhulme Trust logo is available for award-holders who wish to acknowledge the support of the Trust.
- Use the official Leverhulme Trust logo
- Leave a clear zone around the logo, equal to the height of the ‘h’ in the logo text.
- Copy and paste the logo from our website
- Use an old logo
- Rotate, skew or distort the logo
- Make the logo smaller than 40mm across.