- must be resident in the UK at the time of application;
- should be able to demonstrate experience and academic background sufficient to confirm their ability to complete the proposed programme of research;
- may not be registered for a degree, for doctoral studies, or for professional or vocational qualifications.
Applications will be considered in all subject areas with the following exceptions: both because of the substantial funding available from other sources for applied medical research, and the Trust’s priority to support investigations of a fundamental nature, we do not fund studies of disease, illness and disabilities in humans and animals, or research that is intended to inform clinical practice or the development of medical applications.
SUPPORT NOT OFFERED BY THE RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS
Research Fellowships do not provide support for:
- Those registered or intending to register for or waiting to have work examined for degrees, doctoral studies, professional or vocational qualifications (whether or not connected with the application being submitted for consideration). The scheme does not provide support for PhDs or any other degrees or programmes of study.
- Those working in a post which is wholly or predominantly research focused at the time of application. There is no provision under this scheme for replacement costs or loss of earnings for staff employed on short-term research contracts seeking release from these research duties.
- The scheme cannot provide a salary, stipend or maintenance allowance for an applicant who is unemployed.
- Whilst the scheme can provide loss of earnings for individuals who are self-employed at the time of application, it is not intended to facilitate a transition from employment within a university or other organisation to self-employment.